Lets study, what is pain? Actually, pain is an interruption in the flow of a balanced energy form one cell to another. It can also be well explained in a simple way as – It is a distressing sensation in a particular part of the body. The pain is of different types, one is physical while the other is mental or emotional pain. Pain may occur at any part of your body viz. in Neck, head, hands, legs, stomach, eyes etc. almost anywhere without your permission. But when pain spreads its hands in mental state, that is very scary and people feel that they are distressed, exhausted and totally in a mess resulting in divorce, uncontrollable anger, family disputes or even worse.
What should be done in such a case? We usually run to see the doctor for help. Sometimes you experience that, the prescription prescribed by the doctor has proved boon to you. But sometimes you find yourself in hell due to no effects for the pain that you are suffering from and are left completely lost. We need complete pain solution for us which not only treat the symptoms but also cure the main cause because of which we have pain. Understanding this fact, Darvocet medication id designed.
Darvocet is used to treat nearly mild to moderate pains. Darvocet is a combination of Acetaminophen and Propoxyphene. Propoxyphene works by binding to opioid receptors in the brain and spinal cord while acetaminophen decreases the formation of prostaglandins, which relieves pain. Acetaminophen not only brings fever down but also enhances the effect of Propoxyphene in providing greater relief to the patient.
Following precautions must be taken during consuming generic Darvocet:
(1) If you are alcohol addicted, let your doctor know about this. Because, alcohol may increase the risk of liver problems when taking acetaminophen which is an active component of Darvocet. Stop Consuming alcohol immediately when the treatment is going on.
(2) Most importantly, discuss the complete medical history with your doctor. If you are suffering from Low Blood Pressure, Kidney or Liver disease, Asthma, Sleep Apnea, Brain Tumor or some head injury, intestinal disorder, pancreas disorder mental illness etc. as it is necessary to adjust the dosage of Darvocet in such conditions.
(3) It is unknown that whether Darvocet is harmful for an unborn baby, but still it can cause breathing problems in a newborn.
(4) If you feel that you are pregnant or may get pregnant, inform your doctor immediately.
(5) Without informing your doctor, do not use Darvocet if you are breast feeding, as Acetaminophen and Propoxyphene can pass into the breast milk and can harm a milk feeding baby.
(6) Never consume Darvocet if you have taken any MAO inhibitor in last 14 days. If proper care is not taken, life threatening side effects can occur. Ask more about MAO inhibitor to your doctor.
(9) Be closely monitored by your doctor while intaking Darvocet. And if you have any queries, please ask the doctor without any delay.
(10) Always dispose the medicine carefully as directed by the pharmacist and ask more information about the safe disposable methods.
(11) Never allow anyone to use your drugs unless they are prescribed by the doctor themselves. Darvocet should not be shared with others suffering the similar pain as you are suffering.
(12) Always keep out of reach from children, pets and especially from drug addicts as Darvocet can become habit-forming for them.
Strictly follow the directions on your prescription label and always in-take Darvocet exactly as it was instructed by your doctor. Never consume it in larger amounts or use it for longer period until your doctor asks you to do so. Overdose of the medicine may cause some harmful effects. Symptoms of overdose of the medicine may include – vomiting, dark urine, nausea, unusual sleepiness, slow breathing, stomach pain, excessive sweat, extreme fatigue, loss of consciousness, seizures, cold skin etc.
Note: Seek immediate medical attention in an overdose case.
If you are below 18 years and above 60 years, you may more likely experience some side effects of the medication. Some people tolerate the Darvocet medication very well, while some people experience few side effects which may be intolerable. While using the medication you may notice these symptoms viz. Constipation, hives, skin rashes, fever, dizziness, drowsiness, mood change, itchiness, vomiting, stomach pain etc.
Darvocet should be stored properly as directed. Always keep the medicine in its original container. Ensure that the container is tightly closed. Protect the medicine from moisture and extreme heat. Avoid storing it in bathroom. After using the medicine, keep it in a cool dry place.